Mortgages Unlimited, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and South Dakota today's Mortgage Rates in Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota

Like, Print, Forward, and Share: Mobile Site

Then follow us on


How to obtain these important VA Loan Documents

When getting a VA Home Loan, you are required to provide your mortgage lender a current copy of your
VA Certificate of Eligibility.
The Certificate of Eligibility is a document issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs that determines:

  1. If you are eligible for a VA home loan
  2. How much entitlement you have remaining.

Obtain Your VA Certificate of Eligibility in MN, WI, and SD

If you select us to handle your VA loan, we can usually obtain your Certificate of Eligibility for you without you having to do anything. Just fill out the VA loan application, and we will do the rest.
On occasion, we can not quickly obtain your certificate, and will need you to assist us in obtaining your COE by completing the VA 26-1880 form and sending us your DD-214

Download Your VA Certificate of Eligibility Request Form

This form must be completed and sent in with a service record (DD-214) if you want to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility.

VA Form 26-1880 (Request for Eligibility Certificate)

 If you do not have an Adobe Acrobat Reader or need a new version, you can download it for free.

Once you have filled out your form, submit it and your Form DD-214 to a Regional VA Eligibility Center.

VA Eligibility Centers:

If you live in one of the following states:

Alabama, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia or West Virginia

Mail your VA Form 26-1880 and proof of military service to:

VA Loan Eligibility Center
PO Box 20729
Winston-Salem, NC 27120 
Toll free number: 1-888-244-6711

If you live in one of the following states:

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming

Mail your VA Form 26-1880 and proof of military service to:

Los Angeles Eligibility Center
P.O. Box 240097
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Toll free number: 1-888-487-1970

Your discharge papers - the DD Form 214

The DD Form 214 serves as your proof of military service. If you do not have your DD Form 214, you can request it from the National Personnel Records Center, using a Standard Form 180 (Request Pertaining to Military Records).

Visit this web site to obtain your form 180:

After you fill out your Standard Form 180 send it to:

National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
Web site:

The NPRC will send you your service record (DD Form 214) after processing your Standard Form 180.

  Equal Housing Lender

Policies, Procedures, Disclaimers

33 Wentworth Ave E - Suite 290
St Paul, MN 55118

(651) 552-3681  

Member in Good Standings, National Association of Mortgage Brokers Read our weekly Mortgage Market review Member in Good Standings, Minnesota Mortgage Association

Our services available only for properties located in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and South Dakota. PLEASE DO NOT KEEP US A SECRET from your FRIENDS. Licensed as Mortgages Unlimited, Inc. and Great Rivers Mortgage. As a Lenders One partner, we are part of the 3rd Largest Retail Mortgage Originators in the country. We are consistently ranked as one of the top mortgage lenders in Minnesota by Minneapolis St Paul Business Journal. Any use or duplication of any materials is  strictly prohibited.  All images, text, and materials Copyright 1998 - 2019. Joe Metzler. All Rights Reserved.