Buying a Home in 2011 is a Good Idea
Minneapolis, MN: As we enter the traditional spring home buying market, many people are trying to decide if owning a home is better than renting. Renting may be preferable for some folks… but there’s a reason 68% of Americans choose home ownership over rent.
Here are several very good reasons to own:
- Mortgage interest and property tax deductions
- Amazingly low mortgage interest rates
- Home Affordability is at an all time high.
- Ability to decorate, remodel, modify or enlarge the structure
- Build up of equity and ability to borrow against that equity
- Capital gains exclusions (up to $500K for a married couple)
Use this online “Rent vs Buy” calculator – it’s Free!